Driver’s Education: Behind-the-Wheel Instruction & In-Person Permit Test
In order to provide behind-the-wheel training to students in driver’s education in compliance
with all Secretary of State and IDPH safety requirements, the following procedures will be
• Allow only two students and one instructor per vehicle.
• Face coverings must be worn, unless medically contraindicated.
• Prohibit eating and drinking in the vehicle.
• Open the windows whenever possible.
• Do not make any stops during the training that are not applicable to driver’s education to
reduce the amount of time in the vehicle.
• Complete hand hygiene with soap and water or hand sanitizer, as appropriate, before and
after driving and, at the minimum, upon completion. Hand sanitizer should be placed in
• Clean and disinfect the steering wheel, door handles, seatbelt fastener, controls/dials that
the driver would come in contact with, keys, etc. in between each behind-the-wheel
• Conduct regular routine cleaning and disinfecting of the seats.
Parents/Guardians of student drivers that are needing behind the wheel instruction will be contacted within the coming weeks by either Mr. Rothrock or Mrs. Shoaff. At that point in time, a summer timeline and schedule will be established for your student driver.
In-Person Permit Test
For students who were enrolled, and successfully completed, drivers education during the remote learning experience, we will be hosting an in-person permit test. This will allow students to proceed within the learning process. If this information pertains to your student driver, please plan to have them attend the scheduled testing on Thursday, June 11, 2020. The permit test will take place at 1:00pm on this date under the direct supervision of Mr. Rothrock. Please study and be prepared to pass this required step in the training sequence. There may not be an additional make up session, so come prepared. All phase 3 guidelines will be strictly followed during this in-person testing opportunity.