FROM MR. CALDWELL | test administrator
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 12:30/12:45 p.m.
Date: Wednesday, September 23, 2020
Location: SHS Gym
What to Bring:
- Small Snacks (if desired)
- Water Bottle
7:45 a.m. = Arrival and find seat in the Gym
8:00 a.m. = Pre-administration of SAT
8:15 a.m. = Reading Test (65 minutes)
9:20 a.m. = 5-Minute Break
9:25 a.m. = Writing and Language Test (35 minutes)
10:00 a.m. = Math Test – No Calculator (25 minutes)
10:25 a.m. = 5-Minute Break
10:30 a.m. = Math Test – Calculator (55 minutes)
11:25 a.m. = 2-Minute Break
11:27 a.m. = Essay (50 minutes)
12:17 p.m. = Conclusion
***These times do not include instructions. The actual times on test day will take more time (add 10-20 total minutes).
Ahead of the Test
- You can practice for the SAT by SAT Prep days with Mrs. Banfield, Mr. Brown, or Mr. Caldwell. The websites College Board & Khan Academy are also helpful.
- Eat breakfast and get a good night of sleep! Lunch will not be at your normal lunch time.
- Make sure you have a functional approved calculator. You should have also received a sheet with approved calculators.
Rules during Testing
- Cell phones must be put on SILENT or TURNED OFF.
- Cell phone disruptions are grounds for dismissal!
- You can bring snacks but eat them only during the designated breaks.
- Use the restroom during the breaks. If it is an emergency or if you are ill, let me know. You will not get extra time if you leave in the middle of the test and you must leave your phone with the Test Administrator.
- Once testing begins, you MUST raise your hand. Someone will be available to answer your questions.
- Please bring your own calculator. Extra calculators will be available ONLY if your calculator runs out of battery.
- Please arrive on-time. Anyone not fully prepared by the time the Reading Section starts will not be allowed to start the Reading Section.
- Please listen to the pre-administration for all of the testing rules.